CAMPAIGN | Ben Liu × Dolce & Gabbana - DC Superheroes Fashion Makeover


Here it is! The interesting project I had for Dolce & Gabbana.
Dress the famous DC Superheroes in Dolce & Gabbana SS13 Collection.
Superman, Catwoman,  Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

I'd like to try something new I never did. 
So I decided to put them in cinematographic scenes.
I also "invited" my favourite fashion icons to play the roles:
David Gandy as Superman, Audrey Hepburn as Catwomen,
Noah Mills as Green Lantern and Monica Bellucci as Wonder Woman.

It was quite a challenge as I can not sketch the "real model" in person,
not mention capturing there temperament. So the research was quite a big work.
It took a long time for me to figure the best "shoot" except the Superman one.
I had this image in my head as soon as I got the proposal.

---

Ça y-est! Le project pour Dolce & Gabbana est affiché!
J'ai eu beaucoup de fun (plaisir) pour cette série d'illustrations.
C'est quelque chose nouvelle pour moi, même un grand défi.
J'essayer de chercher le côté humain pour chaque superhero.
En montrant leurs vie quoitidienne.


David Gandy as Superman in Dolce & Gabbana fashion illustration


I love Wonder Woman. And I think Monica Bellucci has somehing with her.
And I found this straw skirt was cute.

Monica Bellucci as Wonder Woman in Dolce & Gabbana Fashion illustration


This one was quite a hard one...
I try to find the best composition, at the same time, it has to be a selfie in the mirror.
It was hard to put the scene up.

Noah Mills as Green Lantern in Dolce & Gabbana Fashion illustration



This Catwoman one I want to dedicate to René Gruau,
one of my favourite fashion illustrators.
After I've done the straw dress here, my eyes twisted... :P 


Audrey Hepburn as Catwoman in Dolce & Gabbana Fashion illustration


---

To read the interview and presses here:
DC Superheroes Fashion makeover by Ben Liu

Special BIG thanks to:
Marcus Kan (Draw a Dot)

Comments